Thursday, September 25, 2008

GayFatherhood.com Welcomes Clay Aiken


Okay, so he hasn't exactly applied for membership to our community yet, but he has joined the ranks of out gay dads. And while we may not be surprised about his coming out (though I personally knew nothing about his foray into fatherhood before now; I'm just not up on celebrity news), and regardless of whether or not you are a fan, you've got to have some respect for him for saying this:
"I cannot raise a child to lie or to hide things. I wasn't raised that way, and I'm not going to raise a child to do that..."

'Atta boy, Clay. Integrity is what it's all about. We can't raise them to be honest and true to themselves if we cannot be also. And so while I never watched the season of American Idol on which you were the winner, and I couldn't name one song you've sung since, I applaud you for your honesty in the face of what may be said by some of those "born again" fans and family members.

Best wishes to you and your family, Clay.

For the rest of the story, go to People.com

For more about Gay Fathers in general and to meet some of the best dads on earth go to GayFatherhood.com

No comments: