Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Micah's Latest Song

Okay, dirty laundry calls with its barbaric Yawp, but before I go, here is a song written this week by my nine year old son, Micah. There is humor and seriousness about this piece when I read it. It must be confusing to be a child sometimes, putting up with us crazy adults and our various moods and insanities. I barely remember. Poor guy, I'm glad he can find laughter in it, but I see an ironic sadness as well. I wish you could hear him sing/rap it out. Perhaps we'll record it.

Tell Me Now

I don't know anything anymore.
I don't know how to use the front door.
Could someone show me how?
Last time I hit my head, said ow!

Tell me.
Tell me now.

I use cheese for toilet paper.
That's not right.

Show me how,
tell me now.

Yo, I want to know right now.
Tell me before I take a bath in the sink.
I can't think.

Tell me already
Tell me Right now!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

By Micah, 9 Years Old

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's no bad poem for one so young, and it was very entertaining! Came across your site via greendads.blogspot.com and have blogrolled you. My partner and I here in the UK have recently begun the adoption process, which is somewhat different to where you are, and it only became legal for gay couples to adopt in December O5 so I guess that means we're early pioneers. Civil partnerships became law at the same time, for all intents and purposes gay marriage without using the word 'marriage' as a sop to fundamentalists.

We have our first social worker visit today in less than 15 minutes, so I must dash to flap around the house meaninglessly until she arrives. I did not expect to be so nervous but then, we are talking about a future life with a family of our own. I suppose it is bound to make anyone tremble! x

David, Son of Walt said...

Hey, not sure if you are still around. Come see us on Gayfatherhood.com too. It's been a while since I've searched for other gay father sites, so I'll check out greendads.

Good luck with the adoption!

David